Sometimes we just don’t have what we need to solve life’s problems. We may end up discouraged, not knowing what to do next. That’s why Samaritan Ministry offers the Next Step Program, to assist you in setting your own goals and taking manageable steps toward reaching them.
Samaritan Ministry works with everyday people who want to make changes in their lives. There are no religious requirements to participate. We work with you for as long as you want to participate in the program, and we will follow-up with you as you accomplish Next Steps towards your goals.
Our professional caseworkers and staff will work with you on goals related to:
- Obtain a valid photo ID
- Develop a plan to find a better place to live
- Identify and apply to shelters and transitional housing programs
- Realize/ Redefine your career goals
- Learn how to do an employment search and submit your application
- Prepare for interview and on the job success through STRIVE training
- Develop a professional resume
- Receive Interview/Work Attire
- Learn Computer Skills Relevant to Employment in Any Industry
- Develop a Network
- Improve Your Reading and Math Skills
- Learn basic computer skills
- Learn How to Make the Most of Your Finances, Including Creating a Budget
Watch the Participant video to see if the Next Step Program is right for you.
Interested in becoming a participant in our Next Step Program?
Give us a call at 202-722-2280 to learn about the intake process and make an appointment.