Sometimes we just don’t have what we need to solve life’s problems on our own. We may end up discouraged, not knowing what to do next. That’s why Samaritan Ministry offers the Next Step Program, to assist you in setting your own goals and, with our support, taking manageable steps toward reaching them.
Samaritan Ministry works with everyday people who want to make changes in their lives. There are no religious requirements to participate. We work with you for as long as you want to participate in the program, and we will follow-up with you as you accomplish Next Steps towards your goals.
Samaritan Ministry is committed to helping you develop your ability to help yourself to a better life by providing resources including information, referrals, encouragement, and more.
The Next Step Program can work with you while you:
- Make lasting changes in your life
- Learn new skills
- Set priorities
- Work towards your goals
Our professional caseworkers and staff will work with you on goals related to:
- Obtain a valid photo ID
- Develop a plan to find a better place to live
- Identify and apply to shelters and transitional housing programs
- Search for employment and submit online job applications
- Prepare for interview and on the job success through STRIVE training
- Develop a professional resume
- Select appropriate clothing for a job interview
- Receive mail and phone messages from potential employers
- Improve skills needed to pass the GED exam
- Learn basic computer skills
- Learn how to create a personal budget and spending
Watch the Participant video to see if the Next Step Program is right for you.
Interested in becoming a participant in our Next Step Program? Visit the office nearest you between 9am – 11am, Monday through Friday to complete the intake with a caseworker.