Currently, we are not accepting inhouse clothing donations at our Northwest Office. However, feel free to use the White Clothing Donation Bin around the side of the house on Colorado Avenue. Samaritan receives a financial percentage of the donated items. For a record of your donation, go to our website and complete the In-Kind Donation form.
Samaritan Ministry has several clothing donation bins around the metropolitan area. Our partner, Clothing Recycling Company, manages each bin by sorting donated clothing that can be used by Next Step participants and giving those to Samaritan Ministry, and selling what can’t be used at below-thrift store rates to neighbors in need in other areas of the world. Bins are provided, placed and managed for Samaritan Ministry at no cost to our organization. Samaritan Ministry receives direct in-kind donations or finanical aid from clothing sales.
Please bring all donations to the collection bins, and NOT to our office.
The clothing donation bins are located at:
- SMGW Northwest Office: 1516 Hamilton Street NW, Washington, DC 20011 (located on the corner by 16th St)
- SMGW NOVA Office: 2207 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204
- BP Service Station: 5001 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Immanuel Church-On-The-Hill Episcopal Church: 3606 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School: 8804 Postoak Road, Potomac, MD 20854
- Chastleton Cooprative: 1701 16th St. NW, Washington DC 20009
- St. Columba’s Episcopal Church: 4201 Albemarle Street NW, Washington, DC 20016
- St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church: 3601 Alabama Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20020
- Washington Episcopal School: 5600 Little Falls Pkwy, Bethesda, MD 20816
These and all Clothing Recycling Company locations are featured on their bin locations map. For more information about the program, please visit Clothing Recycling Company at http://clothingrecyclingcompany.org/.
If you would like to support Samaritan Ministry by having a FREE clothing donation bin placed at your church, school, business or organization, please contact Development Director Jeff Hale at 202-722-2280, extension 316, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to expand this program that greatly benefits our participants!
Please remember to fill out the In Kind Donation form when donating!