Position Description: STRIVE Job Readiness Trainer
Full-time, August 2021
SMGW seeks a STRIVE Trainer whose primary role is to lead the STRIVE job readiness training for Samaritan Ministry. This training is based on a nationally recognized curriculum with demonstrated results. The trainer will select, plan, create and implement daily lesson plans, assign and check homework, and provide individual sessions as is warranted. The person in this position will collaborate with the program team on referrals and participants’ progress, and report to the Program Director (PD).
Lead the STRIVE CORE training. Select, plan, create and implement daily lesson plans. Ensure effective and high-quality delivery of the training, and adjust style and curriculum based on participant learning needs. resent information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
· Guide participants to develop realistic and appropriate job expectations and encourage growth, learning, and positive work attitudes. Implement individual employment development plans through utilization of career assessment testing tools and/or informal assessments.
· Evaluate the progress of participants within training program making individual client assessments and service recommendations.
· Track STRIVE enrollees/graduates/placements; enter case notes and other participant information into both Salesforce and Apricot.
· Represent Samaritan Ministry in Trainer calls with STRIVE National. Utilize I-STRIVE for online learning and best practices
· Collaborate with the program team to assess potential STRIVE participants and to increase program completion and retention rates.
· Assist Employment Specialist with matching employment opportunities with participants.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
At least 2 years of experience providing training to (or teaching) at-risk youth or returning citizens or persons with mental health conditions. Knowledge of or experience with the STRIVE curriculum a plus.
· At least 1 year of experience in social services and/or workforce development, with direct service responsibility. Understanding of barriers to employment and demonstrated experience with helping people overcome these barriers.
· Ability to administer CASAS tests a plus
· Proficient with zoom and/or online learning platforms. Ability to create/edit slides, share screens and conduct online learning sessions.
· Experience with using databases.
· Intermediate Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Word required. Teams and Excel proficiency a plus.
· Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, human services or related is preferred.
STRIVE is SMGW’s workforce development training, a component of our Next Step Program. This program is designed to help participants achieve goals leading to a more sustainable and purposeful life. Goals are typically set in the areas of employment, education & training, and housing. SMGW has five sites in the Washington area and serves over 1,000 people each year. SMGW is a STRIVE affiliate site and part of a national network known for its high rates of job placement and retention. www.strive.org
Salary: Starting range is $45,000 – $50,000 based on candidate’s training experience, technical proficiency and demonstrated results in facilitating student success.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience is a fit for the position and the organization to Mr. J. Chris Martin, Personnel Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.