Position Description: STRIVE Job Readiness Trainer
Full-time, August 2021
SMGW seeks a STRIVE Trainer whose primary role is to lead the STRIVE job readiness training for Samaritan Ministry. This training is based on a nationally recognized curriculum with demonstrated results. The trainer will select, plan, create and implement daily lesson plans, assign and check homework, and provide individual sessions as is warranted. The person in this position will collaborate with the program team on referrals and participants’ progress, and report to the Program Director (PD).
Lead the STRIVE CORE training. Select, plan, create and implement daily lesson plans. Ensure effective and high-quality delivery of the training, and adjust style and curriculum based on participant learning needs. resent information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
· Guide participants to develop realistic and appropriate job expectations and encourage growth, learning, and positive work attitudes. Implement individual employment development plans through utilization of career assessment testing tools and/or informal assessments.
· Evaluate the progress of participants within training program making individual client assessments and service recommendations.
· Track STRIVE enrollees/graduates/placements; enter case notes and other participant information into both Salesforce and Apricot.
· Represent Samaritan Ministry in Trainer calls with STRIVE National. Utilize I-STRIVE for online learning and best practices
· Collaborate with the program team to assess potential STRIVE participants and to increase program completion and retention rates.
· Assist Employment Specialist with matching employment opportunities with participants.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
At least 2 years of experience providing training to (or teaching) at-risk youth or returning citizens or persons with mental health conditions. Knowledge of or experience with the STRIVE curriculum a plus.
· At least 1 year of experience in social services and/or workforce development, with direct service responsibility. Understanding of barriers to employment and demonstrated experience with helping people overcome these barriers.
· Ability to administer CASAS tests a plus
· Proficient with zoom and/or online learning platforms. Ability to create/edit slides, share screens and conduct online learning sessions.
· Experience with using databases.
· Intermediate Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Word required. Teams and Excel proficiency a plus.
· Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, human services or related is preferred.
STRIVE is SMGW’s workforce development training, a component of our Next Step Program. This program is designed to help participants achieve goals leading to a more sustainable and purposeful life. Goals are typically set in the areas of employment, education & training, and housing. SMGW has five sites in the Washington area and serves over 1,000 people each year. SMGW is a STRIVE affiliate site and part of a national network known for its high rates of job placement and retention. www.strive.org
Salary: Starting range is $45,000 – $50,000 based on candidate’s training experience, technical proficiency and demonstrated results in facilitating student success.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience is a fit for the position and the organization to Mr. J. Chris Martin, Personnel Director, email@example.com.
Position Description: Development Associate
Full time, August 2020
SMGW seeks a Development Associate (DA) to provide critical administrative and technical support to the Development Director (DD), Executive Director (ED) and other members of the Development team in fulfilling the organization’s development plan. Broadly, the development plan provides for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Samaritan’s donor base (a cross-section of individuals, foundations, government agencies and corporations), and the Development Associate role touches on all these components.
Enter all contributions and relevant constituent data into DonorPerfect Online (DPO); produce acknowledgment letters, generate mailing lists, and create reports.
· Provide oversight, quality control and volunteer coordination for direct mail appeals.
· Serve as primary point person for DPO, maintaining the integrity and quality of the data in the database and offering input and ideas on other ways to incorporate DPO into ongoing Development efforts.
· Support the DD and event teams in planning and hosting special events, including but not limited to:
> Marketing and promotion for various events such as the Next Step Breakfast, annual Gala and Empowering our Neighbors in Need campaign events hosted by partner churches and schools.
> Event registration management; live and silent auction logistics for the annual SMGW Gala.
> Scheduling staff assistance and participation, in coordination with the Volunteer Manager.
· Coordinate with the Communications Associate on content production, copy editing and publication of external communications including website, mass emails (e.g., e-newsletters), social media (e.g., Facebook a \nd Twitter); and print publications such as an Annual Report.
· Provide administrative and technical support to the ED as it relates to donor and partner engagement.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Requires BA/BS degree and at least one year of Development/Fundraising or related experience, or three years of equivalent experience demonstrating progressive increases in responsibility.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to follow established procedures and maintain accurate computer records
· Strong oral communication, interpersonal and team skills, plus ability to do basic prospect research on the internet (i.e., look up addresses, use of Google and referencing websites, etc.)
· Strong writing skills especially in social media and online communications, and proofreading
· Database/CRM experience highly valued – SMGW uses DonorPerfect Online (DPO).
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to work in, or ability and willingness to learn the following: Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and
· Capacity to independently work in a service-oriented environment on multiple projects
· Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for special events (approximately seven times a year)
· An appreciation of the life of faith and how it impacts and generates relationships and builds communities.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a car or other form of reliable transportation a plus.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter and 250-word writing sample or samples of past writing as attachments or links to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development Associate” in the subject line.