We want to engage with you as we partner with our “neighbors in need” everywhere!
The ENN Campaign runs from June 1 – September 30 with several options for engagement:
- In-Person Samaritan Sundays: With many Partners returning to in-person worship services, we would welcome the opportunity to engage with you on-site and in-person. Samaritan Sunday events feature a participant-speaker introduced by ED Rev. David B. Wolf and are designed for the sermon slot in the service. This is an opportunity to learn how participants are coping and how you can collaborate in the crisis.
- Virtual Samaritan Sundays: The same format as described above but done live via Zoom or with pre-recorded content. Note that virtual Samaritan Sundays can be collaborative and have involved TWO or THREE congregations simultaneously!
- Sunday Forums or Weekday Forums: These are an alternative to hosting a Samaritan Sunday. It uses the same speaker format with David and a participant-speaker but can be more focused toward a particular theme or topic for the forum.
- Transportation and Grocery Gift Cards: SmarTrip Cards from Metro, UBER Gift Cards, and Giant Grocery Cards (in $25/$50) are always appreciated at this time of year. Participants use the Metro and UBER cards to get to and from jobs and other appointments. We prefer Giant gift cards because our participants tell us that Giant is generally more accessible to them than other grocery store chains.
- In-Kind Gift Drives: These can include a variety of non-perishable food, toiletry, and PPE items (such as KN95 masks and hand sanitizer). A list of needed items can be found on our website. Collected items may be delivered to SMGW’s NW DC office during normal business hours. Items purchased through Amazon should also be shipped to our NW DC office. https://samaritanministry.org/enn-2022-in-kind-list/
- Double-Up for Greater Impact! Many Partners do a combination of engagements that include a Samaritan Sunday event in conjunction with an In-Kind Drive.