Development Associate – Full-time, August 2015
Samaritan Ministry of Greater Washington (SMGW)
Application Deadline: August 31, 2015
Development Associate (DA) is a full-time entry level position. Key responsibilities: (1) staff support for the Development Office including the Director (DD) and the Executive Director (ED); (2) staff support for fundraising and organizational events including marketing and communications. The Development Associate reports to the Development Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Some professional work experience (internship, part-time, volunteer). Experience in development and communications preferred.
- Capacity to work in a service-oriented environment, working independently on multiple projects.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven attention to detail and well-organized.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, but especially written.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher). Preference given for experience with donor management software, especially DonorPerfect. Knowledge of Acrobat, Constant Contact, and Indesign a plus.
- An appreciation of the life of faith and how it impacts relationships and builds communities. Experience with the Episcopal Church, or other denominations, is preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Enter contributions and updates into the DonorPerfect, generate acknowledgement letters, prepare mailings, and run reports.
- Support the Development Director in the planning and execution of events, notably the annual Next Step Breakfast (NSB) and the annual Gala.
- Staff support for all aspects of the Empower the Homeless Campaign (events, appeal, and resource development) in coordination with the DD, ED, and the Partner Coordinator.
- Write assigned grant proposals, maintain the grant calendar and foundation files, and support the DD in grant research, writing, and reporting.
- Provide administrative support to the ED and DD for Board, Council and certain committee meetings, partner events/engagements, development, and communications.
- Coordinate and develop external communications which include the print publications, website, e-newsletters, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and 250-word writing sample to: Donald R. McCrabb, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org – 202-722-2280 ext. 316.